Sefton Council has issued a notice regarding the widening of the North side of Liverpool Road on the eastbound approach to the roundabout at the Formby Bypass
The plans include the replacment of the existing pedestrian crossing just north of Alt Road with a new traffic signal controlled Toucan/Pelican crossing.
Here's an extract from the notice.
1.1 The Council has granted planning permission/consent to the proposed residential development (Planning Reference: DC/2018/00658, which is the subject of a number of conditions, including specific highway related improvements within the Borough. The works are required to ensure that the development is accessible and comply with the Council’s Supplementary Planning Document (SPD – Sustainable Travel and Development. The application details are set out within this report, including the justification for entering into the legal agreement. .
1.2 Application: Land west of Formby Bypass and north of Liverpool Road, Liverpool Road, Formby – Applicant – BDW Trading Ltd, Barratt House, Cartwright Way, Forest Business Park, Bardon Hill, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 1UF (reference DC/2018/00658)
The approved planning consent relates to the erection of 304 dwellings with associated access, open space, drainage infrastructure, parking, landscaping, infrastructure and other associated works. The off-site highway works will consist of:
- a. The widening of the north side of Liverpool Road on the eastbound approach to the roundabout at the Formby Bypass, together with associated carriageway markings and traffic signs;
- b. Removal of the existing zebra crossing on Liverpool Road (north of Alt Road) and replacement with a new traffic signal controlled Toucan/Puffin crossing;
- c. The installation of flush kerbs and tactile paving at the following locations: -
- Across Savon Hook opposite no.3/5 Savon Hook; • Across Savon Hook at Monks Drive (North);
- Across Savon Hook at Monks Drive (South); • Across Monks Drive at Alt Road(North);
- Across Monks Drive at Alt Road(South) • Across Alt Road at Liverpool Road;
- Across access to shops at Liverpool Road; • Across Cheapside at Liverpool Road;
- Across Coronation Avenue at Liverpool Road; • Across Phillip’s Lane at Liverpool Road.
- Across Alt Road south of Fountains Way;
- Across access to Redgate Community Primary School at Redgate, and;
- Across Crown Close at Coronation Avenue.
d. The upgrade of Altcar Footpath No.8 between Liverpool Road and the Formby Bypass to a surfaced path with street lighting and a minimum width of 3.0m;
e. A scheme of works at the following bus stop locations:
- Liverpool Road (south side) New bus stop – construction of a new lay-by with access kerbs, raised footway area and enhanced carriageway markings and the provision of a new shelter;
- Liverpool Road (north side) Existing bus stop – install access kerbs, raised footway area and enhanced carriageway markings and the provision of a new shelter;
- Alt Road (outside no. 17/19) Existing bus stop – install access kerbs, raised footway area and enhanced carriageway markings.
- Alt Road (outside no. 71/73) Existing bus stop – install access kerbs, raised footway area and enhanced carriageway markings.
f. Design details of the emergency access onto Savon Hook including a no waiting at any time restriction (Traffic Regulation Order). These works are required in order to ensure that the development is accessible and safe for pedestrians. (Plans No. DC1996/1, DC1996/2 and DC1996/3).
1.3 The Legal agreement provides for the developer/applicant to fund the works entirely including any associated administration, supervision and legal costs. At the time of writing this report, the value of the works is unknown due the fact that the design is yet to be completed. The works cannot commence until the legal agreement is in place together with all associated highway approvals and also, either a surety/deposit placed with the Council or in the case of the Council undertaking the works on behalf of the developer/applicant, the full amount including contingencies paid in full in advance of works commencing. There will be no associated costs borne by the Council in undertaking these works and the legal agreement has clauses therein to cover this.